Wednesday 12 November 2008

Choosing A Site


As with my choice of building type, I began site hunting by drawing up a shortlist and examining the pros and cons of each. The locations for each of the 5 sites on my shortlist are shown on the image here.

I made an early decision to base my scheme in central Leeds, regardless of building type or special interest. So far on our course we have based all but two design projects in or around Leeds, and it seemed appropriate to finish off the 5 year portfolio with a final Leeds scheme that demostrated a vigorous understanding of the city.

Within that intial criteria, the sites on this shortlist do not share any one overall characteristic, but instead represent a range of site strengths that could take my design in different directions.

1. Current availability of site
2. Proximity to public transport
3. Proximity to the canal



No comments: