Tuesday 2 December 2008

Briggate: Propose

My proposal for briggate continues the themes from the Redefinition. Of the 3 vertical planes, this proposal explores one possibility for the upper, roof-top level. To demonstrate the use of a rooftop, I am altering an existing shop unit, with a complete redesign behind the existing facade.

This unit is one of the few non-retail uses on Briggate. As we concluded that the existing retail is vital to the strength of the street, I felt it was important not to take over an actual shop. Instead, I am proposing the alteration of one of the two McDonald's restaurants, and replace it with a similar (but expanded) service.
It is important that I emphasise the vertical circulation within my refit, and demonstrate the viability of useable roof space.

No comments: